Wednesday 7 December 2011

Motherhood: Lessons I've Learnt


After reading this post on Beautifully Glossy, it got me thinking; what has motherhood taught me?

1. Motherhood has taught me patience. 
2. It has taught me to savour every drop of a hot coffee
3. Motherhood has taught me to make time for myself. Even if it's just five minutes a day.
4. I have learnt that everyone has an opinion on the way you parent and won't hold back on telling you what you can do better.
 5. Motherhood has taught me the best time management skills and the wonderful art of multitasking
6. I have learnt to use my imagination and tell the odd white lie (like telling my toddler that blueberries are lollies).
7. I have learnt to forget that pile of washing that needs folding and enjoy just one more book with my toddler.
8. I have learnt that after a night of no sleep, a smile from the baby makes it all worthwhile.
9. I have learnt that at the end of the day, when the kids are in bed, there is nothing better than a glass of wine and some quiet time with Mr.
10. Motherhood has taught me that there is such a love, that is so strong, it can't be broken.

What has Motherhood taught you?
Melinda. X

No comments:

Post a Comment